Our client is an internationally leading Fintech company with 100+ client financial institutions.
For the further growth of its EMEA Project Delivery division, our client is looking for a motivated senior business analyst who knows accounting and banking, is interested in IT and ready to take on new challenges.
As a senior Accounting Business Analyst/Consultant in its Project-Delivery and Consulting division, you will:
- analyse and structure the customer requirements,
- design and implement compliant and efficient solutions.
- be at the forefront of development and drive new solutions in close collaboration with product development, technical consultants, partners and customers.
Your contact with industry experts, external partners and customers constantly challenges you to improve your knowledge of the software you create and the business which it covers. In a growing and international team with strong IT and banking skills, you will experience a steep learning curve with interesting career opportunities.
This role is based in our Luxembourg office and you will be assigned on local or international projects.
In details, your responsibilities include:
- Analyse and challenge banks’ requirements in the accounting area with respect to the applicable accounting standards
- Compose and implement specifications together with technical consultants and software engineers
- Pro-active monitoring of changes in accounting standards within our clients main markets
- Consulting for banks’ accounting implementation- and evolution projects, from just a day to longer assignments
- Business support of sales department for sales workshops
- Maintain and document solutions together with technical consultants
- Coaching of users and implementation partners
- University or technical college degree in banking / economics or equivalent (e.g. chartered accountant, Experte in Rechnungslegung und Controlling)
- Profound and conceptual know-how in accounting preferably in the banking field (e.g. IFRS, HGB, US GAAP)
- Several years of experience in the respective field
- Ability to understand, abstract and specify banking processes and requirements
- No software development knowledge required, but technical affinity strongly recommended (e.g. “super user”, activities for an implementation project…)
- Good command of English – German and French language skills are an advantage
- Independent, proactive and systematic working approach
- Open minded and team oriented