Our client is an international Fintech company that operates a virtual currency exchange and marketplace.
Our client is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager with professional experience in the financial industry who can grow together with our client’s European business. You will lead the efforts to make cryptocurrencies safer, more accessible and understandable for everyone.
Your work will ensure that our current and future operations are fully compliant with all applicable regulations. You will be defining and applying the best-in-class know-your-customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), and regulatory change control frameworks and processes.
- Ensure that the business has effective systems, procedures and controls for AML and KYC compliance at EU level.
- Assist with the fraud and risk management process, ensuring that the regulatory risks are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Monitor the performance of the AML, KYC, and Compliance Programme and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness & providing reports on a regular basis.
- Act as point of contact with the regulator in Luxembourg
- Conduct consumer protection assessment and learn how we can meet emerging standards while driving growth.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that support internal training regarding compliance efforts throughout the organization.
- Keep our internal documentation up-to-date and make recommendations for enhancements of our internal processes and tools.
- Monitor changes in compliance within Luxembourg and the wider European Union jurisdiction.
- Report compliance risks and potential violations to the Authorized Management of our European business.
- 5+ years of experience gained with regulated financial institutions, e-commerce or Fintech companies, or legal/audit firms in the fields of compliance, risk management, internal controls or similar.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain compliance procedures from scratch
- Excellent communication skills, strong decision making and problem-solving ability.
- Familiarity with European Union AML, payments, consumer protection and corporate governance regulations.
- Specialized knowledge in blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry would be a definite plus.
- Fluent in English. Any other language is a plus.